[Kos-dev] reponse a une des questions de david

Thomas Petazzoni kos-dev@yoda.isnpro.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:26:03 +0100

salut,

j'ai eu une reponse a une des questions de david. cette reponse concorde
avec ce que j'avais predit :

>         - we're in the doublefault handler : what happen if a page fault
> exception occurs while executing this handler ? a tripple fault ?

  No.  A triple fault occurs if there is a fault during the processing
of the double fault itself (before the first instruction of the double
fault handler).  If a fault occurs in a handler of a fault, it is a
new first fault.

  If the task handling the double fault had a double fault itself,
that would be a triple fault because in processing the task gate for
the double fault the CPU would find that the TSS descriptor is busy.

merci a John Fine, de la pmode-l !

thomas
--
PETAZZONI Thomas