[ddp] cwebx : C/C++ literate programming system (Marc van Leeuwen's version)

daily-debian-package at enix.org daily-debian-package at enix.org
Tue Jul 26 12:00:07 CEST 2011

Hello,

Today, I'm happy to present you the Debian package cwebx, which is part
of the devel section, and maintained by Julian Gilbey <jdg at debian.org>.

This package contains : C/C++ literate programming system (Marc van
Leeuwen's version).

This version is a complete rewrite of Levy & Knuth's version of CWEB.
It uses a slightly different syntax from the L&K version, but provides a
compatibility mode allowing L&K CWEB sources to be processed, producing
similar (though not necessarily identical) output.

CWEB allows you to write documents which can be used simultaneously as
C/C++ programs and as TeX documentation for them.

The philosophy behind CWEB is that programmers who want to provide the best
possible documentation for their programs need two things simultaneously: a
language like TeX for formatting, and a language like C for programming.
Neither type of language can provide the best documentation by itself.  But
when both are appropriately combined, we obtain a system that is much more
useful than either language separately.

Package homepage     :
 http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/cwebx

Package bug homepage :
 http://bugs.debian.org/cwebx

Package QA homepage  :
 http://packages.qa.debian.org/cwebx

Have fun with Debian packages !

--
Daily Debian package, by Thomas Petazzoni, thanks to Jérome Petazzoni
Daily-debian-package at the-doors.enix.org