[ddp] libxtemplate-ruby : Lightweight XML templating engine like Amrita and XSLT

daily-debian-package at enix.org daily-debian-package at enix.org
Sat Mar 13 12:00:08 CET 2010

Hello,

Today, I'm happy to present you the Debian package libxtemplate-ruby,
which is part of the ruby section, and maintained by Debian Ruby Extras
Maintainers <pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

This package contains : Lightweight XML templating engine like Amrita
and XSLT.

XTemplate is a package of Ruby libraries and programs which formats a
XML/HTML document according to a Ruby's data structure which consists of
Hash and Array.  This idea comes from Amrita.  So we do not need to
explicitly write iterations like for-loop in a template.  Such iterations
are indicated by an expansion data.  We can specify a data ID in XPath like
expression,  and reconstruct a given data in a template without writing
Ruby programs.  This mechanism provides interoperablity between a template
and a Ruby script.  We can use XML/YAML documents as an expansion data,
since it is automatically converted to a Ruby's Hash object.

This is a dummy package to install the Mahoro library bindings for
the default version of Ruby.

Package homepage     :
 http://packages.debian.org/unstable/ruby/libxtemplate-ruby

Package bug homepage :
 http://bugs.debian.org/libxtemplate-ruby

Package QA homepage  :
 http://packages.qa.debian.org/libxtemplate-ruby

Have fun with Debian packages !

--
Daily Debian package, by Thomas Petazzoni, thanks to Jérome Petazzoni
Daily-debian-package at the-doors.enix.org